January 26, 2011

New Year Expectations

*Some posts from January were not published. Here they are. Enjoy!*
Beginnings and endings all happen in January. I always begin the year with new ideas and agendas. It feels so comforting to have a whole year full of time ahead of me.

Well, it is almost the end of January ... this is when the wheels begin to fall off of many of my creative ideas for the new year. Reality sets in that good ideas actually have to be executed (I like that word, can we think of it in terms of kill?)

So, I begin a lot of things and end a lot of things in January. It is a very busy month for me.

Last year, I told all my kids I was going to do a Monday Mom Email every week and tell them inspiring and wise things that mothers should tell their children. The first one (I don't mean to brag) was amazing - really life changing. I am pretty sure they read it.
I was really into it. I planned to email the very next Monday but entropy happened and happened and happened. So about midyear, not to rush things, I sent one out again and told them the Mom Email was now bi-yearly. I also informed them that they might have to find ways to be wise and inspired on their own. Recently, I let them know that due to my schedule, I had restructured the Mondays Mom Email to an annual event and I couldn't give them an exact timing on it.

Yes, I totally believe in adjusting your expectations as the year rolls on ... and sooner if needed.

Comfort tip #1 : Relax, it's OK to restart, re-adjust, renew, let go, restart, rethink, re-evaluate, restart, or NOT. Take it day-by-day. You have over 300 restarts left. It is comforting to have a whole year ahead of you - enjoy.

No comments: