February 24, 2010

Yummy Cookies to Share the Love

Yes, in my dreams I was going to be blogging all February about Love and Cardiac Wellness.
My reality turned out a little different. All you moms know what I mean.

So here we are the last week in February and I hope you have had a month full of love and wellness.
I still have a few days to write my favorite Yummy Cookie Recipe which I make for Valentine Day. You can make these cookies in any shape for any holiday. Are the cookies good for your heart ??? - Not sure,  but I know this -  they are very yummy and comforting. You can use this recipe and cut the shape of three leaf clover and frost green for St. Patrick's Day.

I always like to make extra of everything and have some to share. It is so rare today to receive a gift of homemade cookies. So the love thing ... think of someone who might need to be loved and give some sweetness. The ingredients may have sugar and butter but if you give them with love it cancels calories and fats. Well, ok maybe not, but giving is definitely good for the heart. "We are given two hands. One to receive with and one to give with"
Giving is good for the heart!
Be blessed until the next blog.
-Jeanelle

Yummy Cookies

Bake at 325 for 20 minutes or until edges brown slightly
2 3/4  cup flour
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
 - Combine in bowl and set aside

1 cup butter (2 sticks)
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
 - Combine in medium bowl and with electric mixer beat until smooth and creamy
 - On low speed mix in ingredients from first bowl until large lump

Form smooth ball and roll out with floured rolling pin to 1/4 inch thick
Cut with cookie cutter and lift to cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or sprayed

Frosting:
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
5-6 tsp milk
 - Add drops of color
 - Beat together to form thick glaze

Enjoy!

No comments: