February 3, 2010

February Heartful Thanks

February, the month we celebrate the magic of the heart.
I will be blogging about Valentines Day, Love, and Cardiac Health.

I have been studying how stress affects our health and our hearts. And I have to tell you, it can make you a little stressed knowing how much our lifestyles influence our well being. I remind myself not to become paranoid when I am researching women’s health issues like heart health and breast cancer.

However, toda
y after a morning cup of coffee my heart did a little racing. It probably has every morning, but today I noticed it. I found myself waiting apprehensively for my ticker to find its rightful rhythm. Yes, my little power friend, beating away faithfully 100,800 times a day; pumping the life giving nourishment throughout my body. I usually take its’ work for granted, but today I am grateful, appreciative, for the amazing job my heart does for me. And I agreed to take good care of myself and to help it keep ticking for a few more decades.

So with heartfelt thanks, take a deep breath with me, eat your veggies, and remember “A merry heart is like good medicine.” To see more Heart Comfort Facts.



No comments: