September 15, 2010

Times are a Changing

I am a comfort therapist and every one of the techniques I share I have needed in my own life.  I have a love/hate relationship with change. I just get nestled in, enjoying the season and then it is over before I am ready. I am excited about what is up ahead but, oh dear . . . wait a minute; life is rushing by too fast. Feel the same? Ok then, breathe with me ... deep comfort breathe in through the nose, breathe in slow and deep, breathing in the relaxation and comfort. Slowly release, tension and anxiety with outward breathe through the mouth, release tension in the shoulders, again slowly breathe in comfort and strength, and breathe out stress. Can you feel your body resetting and responding to the rhythm and gentle rocking of the breathing?

Ok, where were we?

Here on the Southern California coast we have had very cool summer weather. I counted about six really sunny days. Maybe I am low on vitamin D, the sunshine vitamin, because I am just not ready, mentally or emotionally, for summer to be over. How about you? More breathing? Wrap up in your Comfort Silkie blanket. I already grabbed mine. Take a comfort moment. Close your eyes and think of the your favorite  summer moment. Let it soak into your soul and fill you with thankfulness.

AND also . . .
I can't believe the kids are starting back to school. Bedtimes, lunches, school work … it can all be stressful but hang in there, simple comfort skills ease the way. Check back for the next blog for powerful comfort tips for school stress. Learn how to lower anxiety and boast brain power for preschool to college.

A few fun highlights:

Head to Toes Women's Expo in Del Mar – I spoke at their Baby Shower each day and shared Doula tips for pregnancy, labor, and new baby comforts. It was a girls' time out. Women just wanna have fun - even when they're very pregnant. Comfort Silkie donated Mama labor products and of course our original Security Blanket and Swaddler for baby comforts.

University of California, San Diego Medical Center – Comfort for Mama
Two special nights at UCSD were Meet the Midwives and Meet the Physicians. Comfort Silkie raffled Mama products and I shared about comfort techniques. What a great group of people and wonderful professionals.
The joy of being a Doula! Empowering woman with comfort and strength to birth their baby is a true joy. The miracle of birth has so many layers of wonderfulness. It is a joy to watch couples work together, dads-to-be who have developed into amazing coaches, and moms-to-be who have learned the wisdom to trust their bodies and their own strength. It is a privilege to teach them and doula for them.

Comfort Seminar - Babies by the Sea Boutique in Cardiff.
We had a great group for "Keys to Comfort for Mama and Baby".  My favorite part was sharing about the ministry and comfort of song. Yes, we sang.You should have been there. It was a beautiful rendition of “Row, row, row, your boat gently down the stream, life is but a dream” - in round! I have to say, we are not ready to take it on road, but we did release some serious endorphins and comfort joy.

TELL ME -  In an upcoming blog I’ll share about special people who have brought the power of comfort into their life and others. Tell us how you are using the power of comfort in your own life and how you are bringing comfort to others.  Email: info@comfortsilkie.com

Hope to hear from you soon,

1 comment:

Lila said...

Awesome! Loved the comfort tips and got updated on comfort silkies summer. Keep them coming!